Stridulation of Bolbelasmus unicornis

Lucanidae, Trogidae, Glaresidae, Bolboceratidae, Scarabaeidae, Geotrupidae i Ochodaeidae.
Awatar użytkownika
aphodius

Stridulation of Bolbelasmus unicornis

Post autor: aphodius »

Stridulation of B. unicornis in the Đerdap National Park (Национални парк Ђердап), Serbia, in May 2014:

http://youtu.be/-jn7cHg84aY
Awatar użytkownika
Przemek Zięba
Kontakt:

Re: Stridulation of Bolbelasmus unicornis

Post autor: Przemek Zięba »

:zg: Film makes an impression! :birra: :ok:
Awatar użytkownika
aphodius

And another video with a female of B. unicornis from Национални парк Ђердап, Serbia (+ photo of the locality):

http://youtu.be/ARWcwn9M2OM
Załączniki
Национални парк Ђердап.jpg
Pokaż obraz w oryginalnym rozmiarze (146.25 KiB)
Awatar użytkownika
Przemek Zięba
Kontakt:

Is it really possible to go in Serbia so often encounter? Great beetle :brawo:
regards
P.
Awatar użytkownika
aphodius

I'm not sure I understand the question correctly. Center of distribution of B. unicornis is Hungary, Romania, northern part of Serbia and northern Bulgaria. In Hungary, Romania and northern Serbia, the species is almost everywhere. A large number of localities is in the Danube River Basin (also in Slovakia). Very interesting is its occurrence in Dnipropetrovsk (Дніпропетро́вськ), Ukraine, directly in the city (population of people: 1.000.000!), in an oak forest named Tonel'na Balka (Тонельна Балка), where the beetle is relatively common year after year (the adults are digging up from its own burrows on forest paths under the oak trees, together with Odonteus armiger).
Awatar użytkownika
aphodius

Some Bolbelasmus unicornis specimens (from many different localities):
Załączniki
Bolbové pro PL.jpg
Pokaż obraz w oryginalnym rozmiarze (131.51 KiB)
Awatar użytkownika
Przemek Zięba
Kontakt:

aphodius pisze:I'm not sure I understand the question correctly. Center of distribution of B. unicornis is Hungary, Romania, northern part of Serbia and northern Bulgaria. In Hungary, Romania and northern Serbia, the species is almost everywhere. A large number of localities is in the Danube River Basin (also in Slovakia). Very interesting is its occurrence in Dnipropetrovsk (Дніпропетро́вськ), Ukraine, directly in the city (population of people: 1.000.000!), in an oak forest named Tonel'na Balka (Тонельна Балка), where the beetle is relatively common year after year (the adults are digging up from its own burrows on forest paths under the oak trees, together with Odonteus armiger).
Understand the question correctly, even though it is tinged with emotion:-) This rare species in Poland and asked once one Serb sent to me - he said it was a rare and could not see it:-) Hence my question ..
Incredibly interesting facts you give, I did not know that it is so common in these countries ...
Awatar użytkownika
aphodius

Although this species is locally relatively abundant in these countries, it's very difficult to catch it. It must be fulfilled several conditions simultaneously, and it requires considerable experience. I tried to catch this beetle 15 years unsuccessfully. Now I'm preparing new paper dealing with distribution and bionomics of B. unicornis and O. armiger.
In the past (1920's and 1930's), a colleague (Rudolf Čepelák sen.) who is no longer alive, caught about 500 specimens of B. unicornis near Trenčín in Slovakia. Now, his specimens are in many collections in Europe.
Awatar użytkownika
aphodius

Przemek Zięba pisze:This rare species in Poland...
I think B. unicornis is not a member of Polish fauna. From Poland, there are no exact data, except old unreliable literature references from 19th century.
Awatar użytkownika
Przemek Zięba
Kontakt:

aphodius pisze:
Przemek Zięba pisze:This rare species in Poland...
I think B. unicornis is not a member of Polish fauna. From Poland, there are no exact data, except old unreliable literature references from 19th century.
There are already reports that, in principle, I do not know but I think in the publication of a statement of B.unicornis a few years ago in Poland. He also wrote a little bit of Dr. Burakowski, but nevertheless gave the position until recently B.unicornis actually belonged to the species of unknown status.
But ....
http://baza.biomap.pl/pl/taxon/species- ... fault/tr/y

regards
p.
ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „SCARABAEOIDEA”